Saturday, January 13, 2007

 

James 1:17

"Every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows"
- James 1:17 (NIV)

What a great passage! I have an idea of posting as often as I can, and using http://www.myotherprofiles.com/dailybibleverse/ as a kickstart for something to talk about.

So, what jumps out at me from James 1:17? Well, I'm actually reading through James at the moment in my personal Bible reading.

How many of the gifts we receive are actually perfect? We have only one perfect gift; Jesus taking upon Himself of our sins, and bearing the weight and pain of them in our place.

Also, God doesn't change! That's possibly the most reassuring thing for me. I can go off on my lofty, unplanned adventures, maybe forgetting God's purpose, and when I finally do come to my senses, God's right where He was when I got sidetracked. But, I'm not talking physically (although that is a distinct possibility). I'm talking about how the values, morals, plans, ideas, commands, gifts, forgiveness, grace and mercy of God don't change.

We might be conned by Satan into thinking that when we get so involved in sin and poor standards of conduct, that we're too far in danger for God to help us. Let me assure you that the exact opposite is true. God made each of us and for that reason, He loves us more than any human parent, and He wants us to stay in touch with Him. So, God will do everything He can to get through to us.

If you're thinking that you're so far involved in an unhealthy way of life or thought, and you feel it's too late to change, look at 1 Corinthians 10:13 - "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

So, ask God to get you through whatever is dividing you from Him, and know that God has a way out. The sin or habit you're in might be so far entrenched in you that it will feel extremely painful to get rid of it, but rest easy, you are in the Lord's care!

"Heavenly Father, I want to bring to You people and situations that are affected by unhealthy sin habits. I ask for your Holy Spirit to be upon the situation. May you plant crops of love in the people's heart and may we all seek you out. Thank you for Jesus. Thanks for the freedom you give us by His shed blood and rising to life! In His precious name I praya. Amen!"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?