Sunday, January 07, 2007

 

What a year!

G'day everyone,

2007 appears to have arrived hitched to the back of 2006, akin to a semi-trailer being driven by a crazy, impatient monkey.

On this the 7th day of the new year, I feel like taking a step back and reflecting on how 2006 turned out.

Around April, God gave me the desire to get rid of a certain sin element that's been dogging me my whole Christian life (7 years and counting). I'd prefer to keep it secret, but needless to say the last 9 months (and counting) have been the hardest of my life. God and I have a lot of hard work ahead, but so long as I take everything to the Lord in prayer, I can look forward to living God's way. And, I'm so excited about that.

2006 has seen my first relationship (and breakup... lol). I learnt a lot from it. Namely to choose a person to date with whom I have a connection! Also, be more communicative. And give her space. I guess you can't please everyone, but it took a lot out of me. Been 2 months since we broke it off, still getting my head together. But, I have a lot of great memories.

In 2006, I got a lot more involved in church. Lead church many times. As well as that, I preached for the first time. Really enjoyed that, can't wait for the next time! I've also been teaching English on Sunday arvos. Not every week, but usually once or twice a month.

If my dear friends and partners in crime remember anything memorable that happened in 2006, let me know, and I'll post it next.

Adeiu,

natto

Comments:
sounds like you had a pretty full year
Keep with the Lord and he will help you through the nest years and the ones to come
 
I thought the most memorable thing that happened in 2006 was seeing me. ;-)

More seriuosly, keep taking everything to God in prayer, however hard things are, and you can keep looking forward!
 
Last year you joined the McNeilly Park Boules Club!!! What could top that? Hmmm -- don't answer.
 
last year Bilby got married, now that was anexciting night. Anyone for conga?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?